Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Qigong

If you’re looking to get more in touch with your body, heal naturally, learn to tap into your Qi energy, and better harness the power of the mind, you’re going to love Qigong.

To give you an idea of how I fell in love with Qigong, first, it really helped improve my physical health and I also became emotionally rich. I felt very much open and bright and my brain started to become more and more creative and happy.

To give you a little backstory on how I came across this, I grew up in a small town in the upper Midwest surrounded by nature. I always had this vision to share any sort of knowledge that I felt would benefit others. I always had this dream and wish. I grew up with that and my grandmother who was very close to me, she always used to give me principles about life and how it is important for us to live as good human beings. At the time, I had no sense of what she was talking about obviously.

Throughout high school, I lost touch with nature and became more involved with academics. At the time, I started to become a person that really wanted to make my parents happy. I wanted to see a smile on their face because honestly, I did not know what to do. So I wanted to do it for them. I did really well in high school which was a really big deal and my parents were happy. But even though these things were happening, I was never really satisfied and I never felt happy by achieving this.

I went off to college out west not really knowing what I wanted. When I asked my counselor what I should do, she smiled and said you have good grades, do what you have to do, you can do anything. It was encouraging and scary at the same time because I still did not know what I wanted to do.

From there on, I just started to take some courses. I started to explore different majors and fields I wanted to land or end on. Crazy enough, I started to do three different majors: engineering, medicine, and criminal justice. They all are very separate majors from each other. One of the reasons I was deciding those was because I wanted to help others but I still didn’t know what it was that I wanted to do.

At that moment, some tragedy happened, where I happened to lose two loved ones who were really near and dear to me. One was my grandma who really led me in life. The other was one of my friends. Even though it was painful, one blessing came from that. I started to ask myself what do I really want to do with my life? Is this the life that I really wanted to live? As I was asking myself these questions I experienced low levels of productivity and for 3 months I could not sleep. My whole skin turned really dark and I lost 35 pounds. I went to the best doctors and I asked them to please help me. A lot of them told me there was nothing wrong with me and I would be better soon. But I told them something was wrong and I didn’t know what was going on with me. They couldn’t really understand me. I thought to myself, why am I even considering this field if I don’t really get the help I need? How am I going to be able to help others?

After the desperation of wanting to sleep, I happened to get in touch with a family friend who practiced Qigong a little longer than me. I went to my yoga studio in Scottsdale and at that center, I started to practice.

Within one month, I started to sleep like a baby. Within three months, I started to recover my physical strength. Over the next few months, I started to become emotionally richer and mentally much more positive. I started to see hope in life.

The most amazing part was seeing the positive changes in the students who were training with me as well. I thought to myself if I am going to do anything to help others, it was going to be expanding human awareness to bring peace to individuals and families going back to my childhood dream of helping others and giving back to the community. I said this is it. This is really what I want to do. I became a trainer at my yoga studio. I started to teach classes combining Qigong, Tai Chi, and yoga all in one. I practiced more and more and the more I shared with others, I was getting better and better. The best part was my consciousness started to become brighter. I started to see life as more hopeful about not only being able to help myself but others around me. My teacher Ilchi Lee even had this dream to save the earth. At first, I kind of hesitated but after doing this consistently, I felt what he was saying. I really felt that through this method of healing, I could really help the earth.

Before I give you the basics of Qigong, let me tell you a story about my teacher Ilchi Lee who is one of the foremost experts of this training. He happened to start this training inside a park where there was this stroke victim who had his whole left side paralyzed. Ilchi Lee not really knowing what to do or how to help him just trusted himself to the universe and started to share the martial arts he knew in Qiqong. Eventually, the health of this person got much better. A lot of people at the park saw that amazing phenomenon taking place and more and more people started to come to him at the park. So that’s what I’m doing each day; I’m spreading his passion.

What is Qigong? 

Qigong is an ancient practice of accessing and channeling energy to release energetic, physical, and emotional blockages in the body. Through posture and movement, you can unlock the secrets of the universe within and around you.



What are the benefits of Qigong? 

1. Take ownership of your body and mind through qi energy

2. Become familiar with your qi energy and ability to direct it with your mind
3. Go from disease to homeostasis, naturally
4. Relieve persistent, frequent, or sporadic physical pain
5. Cultivate inner peace and trust in your body
6. Become deeply present and aware
7. Build physical, mental, and emotional strength
8. Relieve stress and better manage future stress
9. Improve relationships with self, others, and the planet

From lack of strength and energy to relieving pain and improving relationships, Qigong is an incredible practice to become more mindful, aware, and intentional in the way you live this one life.

This healing practice has the potential to help you heal mind, body, and spirit—and learn how to take your health into your own hands.

Are you ready to invest in your health?

You can learn more about Qigong through research and videos online.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Spring Clean The Forgotten Things

Cleaning keeps our place feeling nice and fresh. It’s good for the mind and even better for ensuring a high quality of life. How ofte...